Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tara

So one of my all time favorite movies is Gone With The Wind.  Three hours of being on an emotional roller coaster while watching the strongest female lead character I have ever watched.  Lara Croft has nothing on Scarlett O'Hara.  Anyway, in the movie Scarlett is said to get her strength from her home of Tara.  That is exactly the way I now feel about South Carolina.

I have had a rough week this week filled with regrets of my decision to be in Gainesville.  I have been reevaluating whether this year in Florida is actually worth putting my life on hiatus a little bit.  Especially now that I have changed my perspective on things and my career aspirations are not as important to me anymore.  So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, what I am thankful for is getting the opportunity to leave for South Carolina today to see all of my friends and family.

I love South Carolina.  It has all the people that are close to me in it.  I feel safe there and know that I can do great things there and people want me to do great things there.  I know my hometown is Florence, but it doesn't matter whether I am in Florence, Columbia, Charleston, or Clemson because I feel like I have family in all of those places. 

So I am super excited today to make my way back home to get some strength before I come back to Florida to tackle these exams despite all my feelings of regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment