Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Best Friend

A year ago yesterday, my best friend was born.  I didn't actually meet her until 7 weeks later, but I loved her since the moment she was born.  My best friend is my puppy Tillie.  She has saved me in more ways than one.  Before her, I was pretty cold, loved being alone, and spent a lot of time being sad.  But for the past year, she has warmed my heart and helped me to become open and eager to enjoy the company of others. 

Miss Tillie has the best personality.  She is very sassy and not afraid to tell you exactly what she wants.  She is a little boy crazy and loves her treats.  She is also very protective of me.  She lets me know when someone may be getting too close to our apartment, and she is willing to take on small dogs, big dogs, and even cows in order to protect me from harm.  She loves to nap, and while I normally make it a rule never to be the back spoon, she is just so good at being the front the spoon. 

While Tillie is very needy and ended up being close to the equivalent of taking care of a baby, her companionship has been invaluable.  I am so grateful that I get to associate the holiday of love with my loving puppy's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment