Thursday, August 26, 2010

My First Blog Post

When the blog buzz started, I decided I would boycott because surely I have better things to do with my time and you have better things to do with your time than to read what I have to say.  I still believe that you have better things to do with your time than to read what I have to say, so what I say on this blog is not for you, but for me.  Anyway...Beginning my blogging.

I have just moved to Gainesville, Florida.  I have started the Graduate Tax Program at the law school.  Needless to say, this will be the hardest, most enlightening year of my life.  I say that not referring to anything related to the IRC, but the fact that I have just moved to a new town/new state where I know no one.  I have lived in South Carolina all of my life and have been spoon fed friends because of my parent's friends, my brother's friends, and in college-my sorority.  Now I am forced to actually make the effort to make friends on my own which is actually very difficult.  Sure I may have over 1000 friends on facebook, but I am not quite sure it is because of all of the work that I put in to make them.  

The title of my blog is a phrase that my mother used to say to me and my brother to get us up in the morning.  I heard this phrase every morning when I was child until I was able to figure out how to turn that dreadful intercom on silent.  I also used this phrase to annoy my friends a little bit in college.  But needless to say I am taking this phrase to a new meaning.  It is time for me to get up and out of my comfort zone and be on my way with my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the closing line " It is time for me to get up and out of my comfort zone and be on my way with my life"-can't wait to hear all your fun stories!

    ReplyDelete