Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adding Hours to my Day

I had a job interview last week.  I really liked the firm and the job and crossing my fingers that I get good news in the next two weeks.  However, I will likely be having to work 60-70 hours a weeks, which will be a big difference from me attending class 11 hours a week.  I am so nervous I am going to get a lawyer(pudgy) body and a flat butt.  So I know I will be too tired to work after work and can't guarantee what time I will be getting home from work, so I need to set a morning workout routine.  The best way to set a routine apparently is to do it over and over again until it is something that you do automatically.  So I am trying to start my routine in March, which gives me 4-5 months to get ready for a potential work schedule. 

I tried to start this morning.  I attempted to go to bed around 9:30 last night. Tillie was not ready to go to bed yet and wanted to play instead.  I think I finally dozed off around 10:15, but of course she woke me up at least once during the middle of night.  It was our first night back in the apartment and she never sleeps well in her first night in new place.  I set the alarm for 5 am.  In my mind I knew that I really didn't have to get out of bed until 5:30, so when the alarm went off, I already had the snooze button on my brain.  Unfortunately, I snoozed until 6:15.

I planned to give myself the 6 o'clock hour for workouts.  However, instead of working out when I got out of bed, I ate breakfast, drank coffee, surfed the internet, watched Full House on tv, and started blogging.  Basically, I was doing anything other than popping in my P90x dvd to power up my arms.  I even declared it a two cups of coffee day rather than my usual one cup. 

So what do I do?  Should I look at it as a good start that I got out of bed at 6 instead of 7:30?  Should I deactivate my snooze function?  How do I just get out of bed and immediately start working out and ignore my email that has come between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am (the daily online shopping emails from gap, jcrew, banana, etc.)?

No comments:

Post a Comment