Wednesday, March 23, 2011

April Came Early This Year

In law school I used to joke that the only time it is really challenging is in November and April (the month before exams) and the rest of the time was just one big party.  I may have exaggerated a little, but for the most part it is the truth.  Well, I didn't put in enough effort in January and February and my classes are extra challenging this semester, so my April began last weekend. 

During my exam cram sessions, I actually live a rather healthy lifestyle.  You will not find a dirty apartment or takeout boxes everywhere at my place during this time.  I actually cook healthy meals, workout once or twice a day and clean the apartment religiously.  If you haven't figured it out, I am a huge procrastinator while I am cramming.  I am not a marathon studyer.  I can sit down and work for 20 or 30 minutes and then I need a break.  Fortunately, I don't let these breaks consist of tv or nap time, so they only thing else to do is clean, workout, cook, or read.  I surprisingly can finish a lot of books during exam time.  I always take 10-15 minute (sometimes longer if I am working out) break and then get right back to the books.

As you know from the last post, I am starting to get really frustrated and down on myself about being unemployed, so focusing all of my time on studying right now is definitely helping keep my mind off of my job status.  Unfortunately, it also means that I have become really lame and missing out on fun weekend activities.  Last weekend I missed out on St. Augustine, and then this weekend I will probably missing out on some florida baseball tailgating, so come summer and the end of exams, I am going to be ready to cut loose and make up for some missed time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment