Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To Go or Not To Go?

I was invited to go to St. Augustine's this weekend.  I haven't been to this place since I was in 5th grade, and I am pretty sure I would have a completely different experience this time around.  We would get there friday night and probably go out pretty hard.  Saturday would potentially be a beach day, and then Sunday we would spend all day at some thing called Reggae Sunday.  Sounds fun right?  But I am hesitating going.

Reasons why I am hesitating: I am broke.  I am worried about how I am going to pay tuition this summer, and then if I don't end up getting a job, how I am going to pay to live/impending student loans.  Undoubtedly, I will probably be spending a lot of money this weekend.  Speaking of spending money, I would have to board Tillie all weekend.  Because we will be getting back late Sunday night, I would have to board her for 3 nights.  Plus, I would miss her and I hate being away from her.  This is a superficial reason, but I don't exactly have my body bikini ready just quite yet, and while I don't mind lying on a beach chair in a bikini, frollicing around on a beach is a completely different thing.  Things tend to jiggle on the beach.  Another superficial reason is that the guy that invited me likes me, and I like him as a friend, but I don't think there is anything else there.  Currently, there are 3 guys and 3 girls on the trip.  I don't want him to get the wrong idea that this is a couple trip.  It may be best not to put myself in that situation.  But...most importantly, I am waaayyyy behind in school this semester.  I had planned on getting it together this week, but it is Wednesday and I have still not done any school work to make up this week. 

However, there is the you are only young once, must take advantage of chances to do something fun argument.  But is this arguement enough to weigh against all the others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment