Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Another Football Saturday

This past week has been pretty eventful.  Sunday through Tuesday, I finished the first two season of Dexter.  This is a pretty decent show.  Obviously I enjoyed it by watching 24 hour long episodes in 72 hours.  It is about a guy that is a serial killer by night but then leads a normal life as a forensics person and brother and boyfriend to a woman with two little kids.  Even though Dexter is a serial killer, you still love him because he is only killing bad guys. 

On Wednesday, Tillie and I went with Charlee, Todd, Eric, and Berkeley (Charlee's dog) to Charlee's farm in Micanopy about 20 minutes away.  The house is on a lake so I was a little nervous about Tillie and the alligators, but she survived.  We got there and picked up some really good BBQ.  Of course it is nothing compared to the BBQ that I am used to from the Pee Dee, but this was good in its own little way.  We got to the house, stuffed our faces and then went outside to let the dogs run around.  Tillie had so much fun running in the open fields with Berkeley.  She loves doing figure eights around people.  We then went exploring around the house and found an old house that reminds me of mine at home before we renovated it.  Todd and Tillie went inside the house to look around but I was scared a cool breeze would come through and knock the house down.  After exploring we all sat on the porch drinking beers in rocking chairs and looking at the sun set over the lake.  It was very relaxing and peaceful and I did not want to come back to Gainesville and worry about the Internal Revenue Code.  We did hurry back before 9 so we could watch the season premiere of Modern Family, which I must say I was a little disappointed by.  They might have the second season slump this year. 

On Thursday, Charlee and I went to be team mom's for the guys intramural flag football game.  We brought orange slices, capri suns, and a little summer beer cocktail.  They lost the game, but it was still fun to watch.  Afterwards, we all met at this sports bar to watch the Thursday night game.  We all got pitchers of beer and just discussed what had been going on throughout the week.  The guys started having a dirty joke off, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Our waitress was a little crazy.  She looked as if she was 19 at the most.  One of the guys with us started flirting with her and she started asking these questions that were a little insane...the first and second being, "Would you choke me" and "Can I stick my finger in your butt" and the correct answers were both "if you want me to."  She then discussed her affair with a professor and how she got kicked out of her sorority for sleeping with other people's boyfriends.  She was interesting.  We had one guy with us that gets shot happy.  We ended up taking at least 4 lemon drop shots.  After the shots, the rest of the night gets a little hazy.  Needless to say, I didn't feel so hot yesterday morning.

So yesterday, once I finally recovered from the Thursday night festivities, I get my camo on for the Car Warz demolition derby at the Ocala Speedway.  We pull up at the speedway in the four runner with California plates and tailgate for awhile drinking Miller Hi Life.  In line on the way in, we meet a couple that is friends with one of the drivers named scooter (so we found out who we were going to cheer for).  We get our seats in the bleachers and get ready for the first event.  It was a station wagon that flew off a ramp at 45 mph into a van that was seated on its bumper.  The wagon T-boned the van in the windshield crushing the both down to the ground.  The next event was a 50 lap race with 20 cars and no caution flags.  It was very exciting because all of the cars kept spinning out and running into each other.  However, during the last ten laps of the race it started raining pretty hard.  The put the show on standby to try to wait out the rain, so we are all in the stands getting drenched, drinking beer, and trying to stay warm.  An hour goes by, and they finally call the night.  On our way out to get our rain vouchers for the next show, the vendors are handing us free hot dogs and hamburgers.  Despite all the rain, it was a fun night and a great adventure.

So today, I will be attending my first Florida football game.  Florida is playing Kentucky at 7.  However, I will begin my tailgating at 10.  A friend that went to Kentucky is having us over to his place for Pancakes and Booze to watch game day.  We will then watch the noon games and grill some meat.  We will watch the first half of the 3:30 games and then finally head our way out to some of the tailgates around the stadium.  Apparently, tailgating isn't as good at Florida as it is at Clemson, but really not alot of schools can compete with Clemson tailgating.  Fortunately, Clemson is not playing this week, so I am not one big ball of nerves today.  However, USC is playing Auburn who beat us in overtime last weekend, so I am really hoping Auburn will play a good game this weekend.  The Kentucky friend got us tickets to the game.  We are in the Kentucky section, so I will be working on my Cats cheers today.  I guess I am still not ready to actually pull for Florida yet.  Anyway, it should be another fun Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment