Friday, September 17, 2010

Missed a Few Days

I don't live an exciting life right now.  I go to class in the morning.  I come home, Tillie rings the bells, we go outside, I watch soapnet, take a nap, read a book, Tillie rings the bells, I attempt to do homework, Tillie rings the bells, and before I know it is bed time.  Yet with all the excitement in this day, I can't seem to bring myself to post on this blog.  Of course I do feel the pressure to write some poignant witty post, but then I have to remember that I am not a newspaper columnist.  I am merely a lawyer, and a tax lawyer at that so I shouldn't expect myself to write articles that would appear in the New Yorker.  But anyway, I guess I will catch you up to speed. 

On Monday, thankfully I had a long day because I was so excited about the season premiere of Gossip Girl, that if I wasn't busy, the hours would have crept by slowly until 9:00.  GG did not disappoint.  I was very skeptical about this show at first.  I boycotted it, as I did with the whole blog thing.  For some reason, I try to fight the fact that I am actually very girly.  But when a group of girls were getting together every monday night for wine and GG, I had the FOMS (Fear Of Missing Something).  I started at season 1 and watched every episode and became hooked.  Blair is my favorite character.  She gets things done and she is pretty bitchy which I love. 

I can't even remember what I did Tuesday, but I am sure it consisted of Tillie ringing the bells constantly, checking facebook, napping, and lying to myself about doing my homework. 

However, on Wednesday, a friend and I decide we wanted to mix our lives up a little bit and have a fun happy hour.  There is a place downtown that serves grey goose martinis for $5 for happy hour.  We went to the farmer's market before hand.  I got some sweet potatos, tomatos, basil, and some type of citrus juice.  We then make our way to the bar.  However, it is 4:30 and the bar doesn't open until 5.  So we go to another place where happy hour starts at 4:00.  We have on drink there and then make our way to the martini place.  1 turns into 2 which turns into 4 maybe 5 martinis.  The calamari did not do its job by soaking up any of the extreme amount of alcohol in me.  Since we both realize we have been overserved, we decide it is a good idea to get something to eat before I go home.  So we stop in at a sushi place.  We continue to order beers and each order a roll.  I try one bite of the roll, go into the bathroom (the roll didn't stay in my system very long) proclaim that I did not like the food here, and leave.  I get home.  Take Tillie out and then at around 9:00 I find myself passed out in the bed in my clothes.  I woke up at 2 am wide awake.  I get some advil and go back to sleep.  The next time I wake up  when my alarm goes off at 6 am and realize that my hangover has kicked in and I will not be able to see people until later that afternoon. 

So yesterday, not able to make out of bed until 1 pm, I go get my zaxbys and get ready for my group meeting at 2:30. (My car didn't smell all that great because I left my produce and juice in the car last night).  Anyway, Zaxbys is a cure all.  Well first I attempted Chickfila, but the line for the drive thru was wrapped around the building twice.  Waiting in a line that long would not help the situation.  The Spicy Chicken would have to wait for another day.  I did not go out last night, and felt much better in class this morning.  Hopefully I can remember that I am old and my body does not like me to drink that much alcohol when we all go out to dinner tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment