Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just One of the Guys

I experienced my first weekend out in Gainesville this weekend...

Friday night we started the evening at BallyHoo's for a friend's birthday.  This is the place that has a statute of Tim Tebow made out of a tree that has coined the name "Tim Treebow."  I of course took my picture with Tim Treebow.  There were a big group of the tax nerds at this dinner.  About 30 of us.  After much debate, we finally figured out where our next move would be.  We decided to go to some restaurant/bar called the top.  We lost about half the group once we made this move.  I lost the one girl friend that I have made so far because she had to go home to go to bed.  Not because she is boring, which is the first thing that I would think, but because she had to wake up to go pick up her ex-boyfriend in Orlando at 3am.  So it was me, a couple of really drunk girls, some of the international girls, and a whole bunch of guys.  We hung out outside at The Top and it was extremely hot.  Any make up that I had on previously had completely melted off.  We get a little bored with The Top and we took one car load to a crazy undergrad party at Cantina.  There was a long line to get in, so the one girl that was still with me went home because she was way to wasted to be in this situation.  So it dwindled down to me and three guys.  Of course the guys have to go to the bathroom all at the same time.  One of the guys ended up coming back to where I was standing (not one of the ones that I came with or was planning to hitch a ride home with) and the other two were no where to be found.  I was a little upset and I thought they had left me.  So the other guy when he was ready to leave helped me get a cab and make my way home.  Turns out the other two guys were there and met up with a bunch of people we were with earlier and shut the bar down.  Tons of miscommunication there. 

Saturday was all about football.  I rode with a group of people (three guys and two girls that might potentially be new friends) to a guy in our program's house to watch football and grill out.  This guy is my age, married, and has a three bedroom party house equipped with a tennis court and a pool.  He is renting this for 1200 a month.  I am a little jealous.  We spend the day watching Florida play terribly, Georgia playing terribly, all ACC teams playing terribly, and USC playing well.  This was not a good day for football.  We leave the house and I get dropped off to go let Tillie out and then they pick me back up and we walk to a place called Gator's Dockside which is a Wild Wings type sports bar.  There was a wait for tables, so we split up our party.  I was placed at the table with 4 guys and a married couple.  As we are watching the first quarter of the Bama game, the wife part of the married couple leaves because she doesn't like football.  The other group leaves because they didn't get a table in time.  So I am left watching the Bama game with 5 guys.  I love being around guys don't get me wrong, but this was a little overwhelming.  There was a lot of detailed football talk that was way over my head.  Luckily I have a brother and have constantly had guy friends so I was able to hold my own a little bit.

So today... I am going to church with two of the guys.  I guess all of my new friends won't be coming over to drink martinis and watch Gossip Girl with me tomorrow night.  They will be too busy watching Monday Night Football.

1 comment:

  1. Overwhelmed by all the guys??? Girl, I'll trade places with you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete