Friday, September 10, 2010

Sick as a Dog

Wednesday night we went out for a friend's birthday that included tequila shots and kareoke, which can be a very dangerous combination.  Luckily the bar wasn't too crowded so not too many people had to hear my rendition of Wilson Phillips' Hold On.  Needless to say, I wasn't my usual chipper self yesterday morning.  I woke up and attempted to run through the assigned problems before I went to class.  I came home from class and Tillie just kept whining at me.  I took her outside, but she would rather have stayed inside.  I go in my room about to lay down for my after school nap.  Something wakes me up, so I go into the den and I see that Tillie has thrown up all over the floor and in her crate.  I finally get done cleaning that up, and then she starts again.  I spent the entire day cleaning up regurgitated pieces of a busybone.  Sorry, this is starting to sound a little gross.  Anyway, the point of this post is that I was the one who I thought was going to be sick the entire day, but motherhood called.  I had no time to think about or take care of my own discomfort, but had to make sure my little puppy was going to be okay.  I think I am becoming a responsible self less mother.  I woke up this morning and decided that if she was still sick, I was going to skip class and stay at home to be with her.  So far so good, so I did my homework this morning just in case. 

1 comment: